McKenna – A Letter to Kate

By: Admin

Kate,

How lucky am I to have had you in my life over the past eight months! This is not a goodbye, but a thank you and a see you later : ).

Thank you for teaching me all of the lyrics to the Descendants songs, the art of imagination, that there’s no such thing as too many sparkles, and the little things in life are actually the big things. For teaching me how to properly put on make-up, the power of yes, how to make a Tik Tok, to dance outside as the sun sets, to stand up to bullies, and that you don’t need a reason to be happy. To double dog dare yourself, to “stop and smell the roses”, to listen more than you speak, to do things just for the fun of it, to your BFF she is your BFFFFFFF (with a thousand F’s), and to tell loved ones how much the mean to you.

And you, Kate, mean a lot to me.

Thank you for being my teacher and best friend. I’m so proud of the smart, goofy, resilient, and beautiful (inside and out) person you are and I can’t wait to see all you accomplish as you grow up. I’m just a three minute drive or phone call away. I love you, thank you and will see you later!

xoxo,

McKenna

Categories: